Men’s Interclub League
This is a Monday night friendly men’s league designed to promote golf between city golf clubs. This is a great opportunity to play some of the nicest golf courses in Calgary and meet new people. Participation is open to all members. Each match requires eight players – four “A” players (factor of 8.0 and under) and four “B” players (factor between 8.0 and 16.0). Each match requires a commitment for both the home and away games, and participation is based on the following rules and criteria.
- Sign up for each home/away match may be done at any time; however, if we have too many players for a given division then qualifying will be the men’s night and Saturday two weeks prior to the first match with the low net scores being invited in the following order: a) equity and full members b) pay as you play members c) annual members d) staff and guests.
- Cost is $20 per match (two games) plus the host team buys dinner and refreshments for the visiting team.
- If a player plays a home game but cannot play the away game he forfeits his away dinner, etc. If a player plays an away but misses the home he must pay for the visiting player’s dinner even though he is absent (max. $40) will be charged to his account.
- If you cannot play a match you must contact Bruce McCartney or Steve Blackwell at least 48 hrs prior to the match so we can arrange a substitute.
- Normal dress codes apply. Some away courses have stricter dress codes than Springbank so be aware and dress appropriately.
- The game is 2-man team best ball matches. Handicaps are based on 100% of each handicap netting down to the lowest player in the match.
- Three points are available 1 – front, 1 – back, 1 – match.
- Both A and B play the blue tees with the host team having the honours.
- Wind-up dinner and golf tournament will be based on the players who contribute the most to the interclub. In the event of a tie, a qualification round will be set up prior to the event.
Please contact Bruce or Steve to register for the Men’s Interclub.
|Bruce Mc Cartney||Men’s Interclub Co-Captainemail@example.com|
|Steve Blackwell||Men’s Interclub Co-Captainfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Ladies Interclub League (CHAMPS)
Please contact Margaret or Val to register for the Ladies Interclub.
|Margaret Hill||Ladies Club Co-Captainemail@example.com|
|Val O’Hare||Ladies Club Co-Captainfirstname.lastname@example.org|
CHAMPS runs on Monday mornings and provides friendly competition between Springbank Links and various clubs throughout the city. There is a fee of $20 for each match which includes golf, and lunch following play.
Senior Men’s Interclub League
Contact: Nigel Hill
Each week, four players (two on an “A” team and two on a “B” team) will play a match at the host club’s course. How the players are assigned each week is a matter for each club to determine; however, “A” players have a home club handicap from zero to 15 and “B” players have handicaps of 16 and above. Team coordinators are expected to send members who fall within these handicap ranges. Clubs fielding two league teams must ensure that the players remain with the same team throughout the season.
Matches are a home and away series. Scoring is a “best ball” three point Nassau (one point for the front 9, back 9, and aggregate) with the “A” players playing against each other and the “B” players playing against each other. Both groups play from tees nearest to 6300 yards, or less if the home team’s club has a rule about higher handicappers playing yardages beyond a set limit. The tees to be used should be agreed upon prior to commencement of the game.
Each player is responsible for bringing his current Handicap Factor from his home course, applying that factor to the host club’s Handicap Table for the tees selected, to obtain his Handicap for the match. It is the Team Coordinator’s responsibility to try to ensure that players from their club maintain accurate handicap records in accordance with the RCGA Handicap System. Any golfer whose handicap is suspect should not play in the InterClub League.
Use 100% of the handicaps with the lowest handicap in the foursome going to zero and all the others adjusted accordingly. All putts are to be holed out unless opponents have clearly provided a “gimmee”, or the player is totally out of the hole.
Wednesday morning matches are normally scheduled at or about 8:30am. It is critical that players are informed of Pace of Play requirements and it is adhered to at all locations. Any conflict in the schedule is to be handled by the respective team coordinators. Please advise the league coordinator if matches are rescheduled.
All senior members (55 +) are encouraged to participate in the Calgary and District Senior Men’s Interclub as it is an excellent opportunity to play other courses and meet fellow competitors.
Please contact Nigel to register for the Senior Men’s Interclub.
|Nigel Hill||Sr. Men’s Club Captainemail@example.com|